关於我们 About us
关于我(Sovietarmy2012) About me(Sovietarmy2012)
About me (Sovietarmy2012)
Who am I? A collector of replica / model guns, air guns, soviet military products, but better known as a trivial and poor industrial worker.
I think little about survival games, and I rarely participate in this kind of sport that sprinkles plastic beads onto others. I possess the knowledge and skill to perform basic modification and maintenance of air guns, but I never chase after the firepower air guns, and seldom use them to shoot, my full attention fall into a faith replication in appearance and the legality of owning such replica.
The situation is the same as in many places on this planet. My country, China, and the "Special" Hong Kong Administrative Regions have strict controls on real guns and related parts. The fact is better speaks louder than words. The crime rate in society does decrease as a result of the control, but this deprivation of potential criminals' right to firearms also reduces the freedom of gun lovers. However, human beings are social animals, and society is composed of the collective life of everyone. In order to avoid unnecessary fear for the public, the freedom of firearms fans is insignificant. The fight for absolute freedom is a manifestation of absolute selfishness and is destructive to society, even anti-mankind.
Based on my interests, my understanding of the gun ban, my personal position, and less than favourable financial ability, I compromised for a balance between personal and social benefit, and only DIY to improve on the appearance of replica military toys and air guns. Due to its historical and geographical background, Hong Kong is a small but free trading city that became a transfer hub for military toy / air gun / replicas from all over the world. It is geographically adjacent to the main production facilities for these items, so we can buy a wide variety of products at a relatively accessible price. I benefit from this atmosphere.
From years of observation, purchase, trade and collection, I have benefited a lot, and I have become increasingly dissatisfied with various popular trends in recent years:
1. Toys are always toys, but many players in Hong Kong treat toys as a psychological projection of real guns, and their acts followed. This projected a twisted and unwelcomed image to the public.
2. Toys are always toys, but the businessmen senses the players thirst for the real stuff, quickly capitalises on it and market their toys as if they are the real deal and charges a premium for their products. This created aristocratic airsoft gun industry.
3. Toys are always toys, but many players in Hong Kong think that the toy manufacturing process, the cost and selling price are reasonable being brought up in this financial orientated city which had been de-industrialized long ago. They are willing to accept any excuses for their spending.
4. The buyer knows nothing about the real gun and the modern industrial processes, while the seller strives to create a fantasy that they are producing the toys with methods identical to the production of real guns. In addition, in recent years, foreign merchants and real gun companies also tapped into the toy market by either selling their trademarks. As a result, this raised the price of air guns, diminishes the of low-end products, low-quality products asking for mid-end price, and the falsely high prices of high-end products. This distorted market development, and declined the survival game demand. Under such influence, less than serious or even totally imaginary products were pushed onto the market, so to satisfy the player's demand to improve the so-called trendy appearance. Ordinary players have to spend a lot of money to cater for their imagination and the manufacturer’s boasting on realism.
I have a strong dissatisfaction and critical attitude towards the above observations, and I have tried to implement the "DIY" movement by recording the production process of improving the appearance of toys. The idea is as follows:
Toys are always toys, their existence is to provide happiness, for children or adults. Toys should be produced and sold at affordable prices. Manufacturers should try their best to achieve the best cost-effective ratio through design and manufacture processes.
1. Toys are always toys. Don’t be too obsessed with the improper psychological projection. Do n’t empty your pockets. Don’t let a toy affect people ’s perception on you. Don’t sacrifice your personal development and career because of toys. Like, don't go to jail for this.
2. A toy is always a toy. The most authentic looking replica is still as good as a toy. A poorly made real gun is still a real gun. You should have your own yard stick on what is realism but not be told by the others. There are enough pictures on the Internet today to provide you with reference to work on. You need to make good use of this free resources to help you establish your own yard stick on realism and build it without breaking the law at an affordable price. My "DIY" series of articles reflects this idea to show you that a concept could be achieved to a pretty high degree without breaking an arm and a leg.
3. During the preparation phase of the DIY, you will gain a deeper and more thorough understanding of this firearm whilst collecting information and research. The knowledge and experience in it are difficult to obtain by watching articles and videos and cannot be brought. It is also possible to observe different countries and different design / makers in different historical backgrounds through different ways of thinking and methods to figure out hoe to land that bullet onto a target. This is a life practice that broadens the horizon.
4. It takes courage to DIY, and to actually from something by your own hands. It requires careful planning, continuous improvement of craftsmanship, patience and persistence in order to complete the work. Isn't this inspirational?
5. The goods can be bought with money with no technical nor operational difficulties involved. But DIY works are different. The end product is unique and one-of-its-kind. It may amaze the crowd but also attracts the appreciation of those who knows about it. Most importantly, self-satisfaction.
I still remember the time when I became obsessed with this interest: although there were so few guns on the market, and how poorly, scarce, expensive the retrofitting and upgrading parts were, people still dare to do it by themselves with audacity, and gain their happiness from it. Compared with the explosive growth of commodities today, there are hardly smiling faces on people’s faces by pursuing material desires. Is that the nature of toys is distorted, or people start to lose their incentive, or both? Let us regain our joy through DIY!
5. 玩具要理念先进、便宜、设计好、品貭优良, 安全，环保，有教育意义，忠于历史!
6. 不挑战各国法律界缐，不冲击各国海关的管制边沿，义和制作寻求全球社会法规的最大公约数，背负上产品研发，生产，包装，销售，运输上的社会责任! 支持各国规定并对与各政府合作保持主动而开放的企业态度。也就是说，若有推翻现行社会规范与和谐的有歹念之人，别找我们哦!
7. 毛泽东说过:" 革命党嘛，以饿不死人为原则。人没有饿死，就要做革命工作，就要奋斗。一万年以后，也要奋斗。"我们的营运方针，产品定价与营利利用亦是如此，不亏本，可持续发展，营利全部投放于生产升级与研发之上，饼子要靠造得多多，而非靠造得贵贵去生存下去。只有生存下去，才能奋斗至最后胜利。最后的胜利是属于革命的大多数人!
About Sovinco Replica
Today I am fortunate to talk about the beginning, philosophy and management policy of Sovinco Replica.
The beginning of Sovinco Replica production
The name of Sovinco Replica (SR, 义和制作) was not built in one day like Rome. This name was inherited from the company that failed when I started a business with friends when I was a youth. Although things have passed, I am still stuck with the failure. Reusing this name represents that I will never give up. As for the name and trademark of Sovinco, it contains our expectations for the company's future and a tribute to graphic design in the 1970s and 1980s.
The beginning of SR's production based on one coincidence which led to another. It gradually snow-balled into a huge DIY plan. It started off with my hostile attacks on the discussion forums , and the back stabbing that followed. Free online photo albums suddenly being monitiesed and asked for a premium. With the idea of personal DIY sharing webpages, coupled with DIY ask for help questions from across the inter-web, the establishment of SR emerged.
SR production philosophy
The idea of SR production became clear to me after brain storming with my partners and to my own concepts. A DIY question from the overseas’, made me learnt that there are many out there that agree with my DIY philosophies. Most of the time, people have shown interest on a single project that I demonstrated, and they often ask: Should I start from Zero? For those who have no hand-made experience and the strong will to do so, DIY is not the most suitable way to reach the end product in mind. Now that I can share the process and experience without reservation, why not make it even simpler and actually produce a copy for them. To this end, SP was born.
We, now from hobbist to manufacturer, inherit the spirit of the DIY movement, continue to be dissatisfied with the market culture, and am willing take on the responsibility of serving the people of the world. We do not follow the trend. We do not follow the crowd. We make every effort to produce non-market-oriented products and make non-utilitarian business choices. K. Marx once said: The philosophers in the past only explained the world, but the problem is to transform the world. In the same way, we have spent a lot of words trying to explain the world, and now we are going to change the world through products and production.
1. Toys are toys. Products must rely on advanced ideas to break through and strive to achieve the best balance between quality and price under existing production conditions. No matter how delicate the toy is, if it’s unaffordable, it is a failure.
2. R & D, production, packaging, sales, and transportation not by the others. We reduce operating costs by exploiting ourselves.
3. "Of the people, by the people, for the people". SR production develops from us and but it also develop itself cos it’s organic. We treat players with an equal attitude and be side-by-side with them.
4. No nonsense. We minimize the cost and time of advertisement, and full-on with product development and production.
5. Toys must be advanced in concept, cheap, well-designed, good quality, safe, environmentally friendly, educational, and loyal to history!
6. We respect the laws of various countries, will induce no impact to the customs control of various countries. SR seeks the highest common factor with the laws of globe and their social regulations, shouldering social responsibilities in product research and development, production, packaging, sales, and transportation! We support the regulations of each country and maintain a proactive, open yet cooperative attitude towards working with governments. In other words, if there are people who are thinking about overthrowing the current social norms and harmony, don't look for us!
7. Mao Zedong said: "Well, the revolutionary party takes on the principle that they won’t strave anyone to death. When people do not starve, they are obliged to perform revolutionary work, and fight. We remain the fighting spirit even after ten thousand years.". Our operating policy, pricing and profits are manipulated following his direction. No capital loss, sustainable development, all profits are put back to production up-grades and R&D. It does not lose money and development. The product wins by volume, not value. Only by surviving can we fight to the final victory. The final victory belongs to the revoluting majority!
SR production, as an organic body, has the above declaration to make. Our spirit, our character, our soul. Salute to the revolution! Thank you!
Written in Hong Kong, an unrested afternoon on October 2019
关于吸血鬼工作室 About Vampire Workshop
据我所知的是，他们是满怀理想，技术过硬，不谙交际，讨厌时下公关宣传的科幻模型界极客(Geeks) ，亦正因如此愤世疾俗, 才与我们臭味相投，进行跨界别式的战略合作,完全将其工作室产品销售与宣传交给我们处理。实不相瞒，这是一个缺乏利润的非理性行为，不过值得支持。
About Vampire Workshop
SR Production is honored to be the general agent for Vampire Studio, but we actually does not know much about Vampire Studio. They are both low-key and too lazy to provide any kind of self-introduction. These are some of the problems (or common problems) of Eastern talents.
As far as I know, they are full of ideologies, strong technology, not sociable, and hates the science fiction model Geeks that's being publicised. Fueled on this anger, they just like us and so decided to agree on a cross-over. With other types of strategic partners, SR handle the sales and promotion of their studio products solely. To be honest, this is an irrational act that might even be a profitless, but it is worth supporting.
If you have any comments about Vampire Studio's products and other things, please send an email to our company, and we will tell these shy old boys as soon as possible. Hahahaha!
关于M.C 哈利斯About M.C Harries
特别呜谢M.C 哈利斯出于国际主义的阶级友爱，友情协作我们将中文翻译成英文，透过他无私的汗水，把本人的DIY纪录，我们的产品文字优美且精确的去翻译，将之推广向这个星球上的每一个人。再一次衷心的感谢他崇高地对此作出长期，不接收任何物质回报，尽心尽力的一切努力! 致革命的敬礼!
About M.C Harries
Special thanks to MC Harris for his international level friendship, who helped to translate my Chinese scripts into English. Through his selfless sweat, he translated my DIY records and translated our product text beautifully and accurately, aiding to promote our stuff to everyone on this planet. Once again, I sincerely thank him for all his efforts to do this for such a long time, without receiving any material rewards. I shall do my best! Salute! To the revolution!